What are your techniques to study kanji?

Kanji is probably one of the most difficult things to study when learning Japanese. I'm struggling a lot trying to remember all of them.

What are your techniques to study it? Are you using any book, application or website to help you?

Thank you!

Comments

• VladimirVladimir Posts: 2

Application "Memrise" and lots of repetitions. It works.
    Don't learn all of them, 2000 is enough.

• I agree with Vladimir. I am actually doing the same thing.

• a very quick way to learn kanji is to associate a story about them, but unfortunately I do not know if material is available in English ^^

• V1zi3rV1zi3r Posts: 18

FIND AND READ THIS SERIES OF BOOK:
    "Remembering the Kanji -
    A complete course on how not to forget the meaning and writing of Japanese characters" by James W. Heisig
    There's 3 volumes of it and it's the book you'd want to read when it comes to studying Kanji.
    Btw, I'm not trying to advertising his book...

• V1zi3rV1zi3r Posts: 18

When learning a foreign language be sure to remember the "3i: intention, information, implementation", that's something I come up with while studying Kanji. Intention is crucial as it's the root of your action, information means the source of your studying material, how good is it and implementation means that everything you've learned must be implemented in practical usage in order to drill that info into your head firmly

• shushu Posts: 26

I will present my key to you soon.

*hand over --譲り渡す, in Chinese 交代, the secret connection is both by shape and sound.

edited October 27

inform vs. information
    both have E-K secret connection, which can help you master the 告訴 vs. 信息 immediately by "Key in Kanji"( my upcoming book)

That means word secret is beyond our comprehension, i.e. a myth: In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

• Hey,

Trust me. If you want to learn Kanji, you need a Chinese dictionary.